|1. Alton A, Massey A. Date of birth and achievement in
GCSE and GCE A-level. Educational Research, 1998, 40, 1: 105-109.
2. Avaline VF, Baudelot C, Beveraggi M, Lahlou, S. Suicide et rythmes sociaux. Economie et statistique, 1984, 168: 71-76.
3. Barak Y et al. Season of Birth and Autistic Disorder in Israel. Am Journal of Psychiatry, 1995, 125, 5: 798-800.
4. Barker DJP. Mothers, babies, and disease in later life. 1994, London: BMJ Publishing Group.
5. Bovet J, Spagnoli J, Sudan C. Mortality and birthday. Sozial und Präventivmedizin/Medicine sociale et preventive. 1997, 42, 3: 155-161.
6. Breschi M, Bacci ML. Month of birth as a factor in childrens survival. In Desjardins B, Brignoli P, editors. Infant and child mortality in the past. 1997, Oxford. Clarendon press: 157-173.
7. Carroll HC. Season of birth and school attendance. British Journal of Educational Psychology 1992, 62, 3: 391-396.
8. Flynn JM, Rahbar MH, Bernstein AJ. Is there an association between season of birth and reading disability? Journal of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics 1996, 17, 1:22-26.
9. Greville TNE. Short methods of constructing abridged life tables. Rec. Am. Inst. Actuar. 1943, 32:29-43.
10. Huntington E. Season of birth. 1938, New York: John Wiley and Sons.
11. Kannisto V, Christensen K, Vaupel JW. No increased mortality in later life for cohorts born during famine. Am J Epidemiol. 1997, 11, 145:987-994.
12. Lewis MS. Age incidence and schizophrenia: Part I. The season of birth controversy. Schizophrenia Bulletin 1989, 15, 1: 59-73.
13. McGrath J, Welham J, Pemberton M. Month of birth, hemisphere of birth and schizophrenia. British Journal of Psychiatry, 1995, 167: 783-785.
14. Miura T, Shimura M. Longevity and season of birth(in Jpn., Eng. abs.). Jpn. J. Biometeorology, 1980, 17: 27-31.
15.Moore, SE et al. Season of birth predicts mortality in rural Gambia. Nature, 1997, 388: 434.
16. Mortensen PB et al. Effects of family history and place and season of birth on the risk of schizophrenia. The New England Journal of Medicine, 1999, 340, 8: 603-608.
17. Nakao H, Shimura M, Miura T. Cancers and season of birth - analysis of personal histories in breast cancer. In Miura T., editor. Seasonality of birth. Progress in Biometeorology, Vol. 6. 1987, The Hague: SPB Academic Publishing: 189-196.
18. Pflug EJS. Season of birth, schooling and earnings. Targeted Socio-economic Research, Schooling, Training and Transition. 1998, WP- 01-1998: University of Amsterdam.
19. Torrey EF, Miller J, Rawlings R, Yolken RH. Seasonality of births in schizophrenia and bipolar disorders: a review of literature. Schizophrenia Research, 1997, 28:1-38.
20. Vaupel JW, Yashin AI. Heterogeneitys ruses: Some surprising effects of selection in population dynamics. The American Statistician, 1985, 39: 176-185.
21. Verdoux H. et al. Seasonality of birth in schizophrenia: the effect of regional population density. Schizophrenia Research 1997, 23: 175-180.
22. Vézina H. et al. Season of birth and Alzheimers disease: a population-based study in Saguenay-Lac-St-Jean/Quebec (IMAGE Project). Psychological Medicine 1996, 26: 143-149.
23. Wassermann I, Stack S. Testing the deathdip and deathrise hypothesis: Ohio mortality results, 1989-1991. Canadian Studies in Population, 1994, 21,2:133-148.
24. Yuen J. et al. Season of birth and breast cancer risk in Sweden. Br. J. Cancer ,1994, 70: 564-568.
25. RocaNova Version 2.0 by Sten Martinelle. Copyright Statistics Sweden 1996, Population Research Office.
|Longevity and Month of Birth:
Evidence from Austria and Denmark
© 1999 - 2000 Max-Planck-Gesellschaft ISSN 1435-9871