Demographic Research is published by the Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research. The publisher is Emilio Zagheni, Managing Director of the Institute. Copyright for the journal and its contents is held by the Max-Planck-Gesellschaft.
The Editor is Jakub Bijak.
Past Editors include Griffith Feeney (1999), Jan M Hoem (2000‒2006), Nico Keilman (2006‒2011) and Carl Schmertmann (2012‒2018).
The Editorial Board comprises the Editor-in-Chief as well as Deputy and Associate Editors, who assist the Editor in evaluating and adjudicating submissions.
The current Deputy Editors are
- Agnieszka Fihel - Uniwersytet Warszawski, Poland Homepage
- Jenny Trinitapoli - University of Chicago, United States of America Homepage
- Elizabeth Wildsmith - Child Trends, United States of America Homepage
The current Associate Editors are
- Diego Alburez-Gutierrez - Max-Planck-Institut für Demografische Forschung, Germany Homepage
- Monica Alexander - University of Toronto, Canada Homepage
- Ugofilippo Basellini - Max-Planck-Institut für Demografische Forschung, Germany Homepage
- Cameron Campbell - Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong Homepage
- Kate H. Choi - University of Western Ontario, Canada Homepage
- Chiara Ludovica Comolli - Università di Bologna (UNIBO), Italy Homepage
- Ann-Zofie Duvander - Stockholms Universitet, Sweden Homepage
- Griffith Feeney - Griffith Feeney Consulting, United States of America Homepage
- Víctor Manuel García-Guerrero - El Colegio de México, Mexico Homepage
- Ezra Gayawan - Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA), Nigeria Homepage
- Erin Hamilton - University of California, Davis, United States of America Homepage
- Nico Keilman - Universitetet i Oslo, Norway Homepage
- Erin Hye-Won Kim - University of Seoul, Korea, Republic Of Homepage
- Danya Lagos - University of California, Berkeley, United States of America Homepage
- Guillaume Marois - International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA), Austria Homepage
- Hiroaki Matsuura - Shoin University, Japan Homepage
- Stefano Mazzuco - Università degli Studi di Padova (UNIPD), Italy Homepage
- Tyler W. Myroniuk - University of Missouri, United States of America Homepage
- Ognjen Obucina - Institut National d'Études Démographiques (INED), France Homepage
- Barbara S. Okun - Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel Homepage
- Hyunjoon Park - University of Pennsylvania, United States of America Homepage
- Carl Schmertmann - Florida State University, United States of America Homepage
- Hanlin Shang - Macquarie University, Australia Homepage
- Maria Sironi - University College London (UCL), United Kingdom Homepage
- Emily Smith-Greenaway - University of Southern California, United States of America Homepage
- Heini Väisänen - Institut National d'Études Démographiques (INED), France Homepage
- Thijs van den Broek - Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam, the Netherlands Homepage
- Sarah Walters - London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, United Kingdom Homepage
The Editorial Office
The Editorial Office has both management and scientific staff. All staff members are employed by the Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research (MPIDR) in Rostock, Germany.
Managing Editor: Jana Tetzlaff Contact
Assistant Managing Editor: Ricardo Ulbricht Contact
Secretary: Antje Gosselck
Technical Editors responsible for continuing technical development and operational issues:
Dirk Vieregg is the Administrator for Computer Systems and Networks.
Peter Wilhelm is our IT Assistant.