Copyright Terms for work published as of 1 September 2017:
In order to better support the wide dissemination of the scientific findings published in Demographic Research, the publisher and editor have chosen to apply updated open access copyright and license terms to the journal from 1 September 2017.
- From 1 October 2017, authors publishing in Demographic Research retain the copyright to their work.
- From 1 October 2017, all work published in Demographic Research is published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Germany (CC BY 3.0 DE).
- Through this Creative Commons license, the author(s) of work in Demographic Research give(s) users and readers (herein called "users") permission to:
- Read, download, and/or redistribute their work.
- Include their work in a database, link to it from a website or make the full text of the work freely available on other websites or within digital repositories.
- Make digital or physical copies of the work, and
- Otherwise use the work subject only to the restrictive terms of license.
- The restrictive terms of the license require that users attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (an acceptable attribution is shown as part of the front matter of each work and includes the name(s) of the author(s), the title of the work and Demographic Research bibliographic information).
- This is in keeping with open access principles. See the Wellcome Trust Position Statement in Support of Open and Unrestricted Access to Published Research. Also see The Berlin Declaration on Open Access.
- For an English-language summary of the license, see here. A full German-language version of the license is also available.
Copyright Terms for work published between October 2006 and July 2017:
For work published between 1 October 2006 and 31 July 2017, the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License, 2.0 Germany applied. See here to read the license.
Copyright Terms for work published prior to October 2006:
For work published prior to 1 October 2006, see the terms that need to be followed. For certain uses of Demographic Research work, users will need to contact the Demographic Research Office for permission, especially should a user want to make multiple physical copies of any work.