The following Agreement is valid for each work (herein called "contribution") published by Demographic Research whether on the web, or in paper or in any other media format. Through this Agreement each author agrees to retain rights, grant rights, make guarantees, and acknowledge guidelines.
- Each contribution appearing in Demographic Research is copyrighted by its author(s).
- Each contribution is published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Germany .CC BY 3.0 DE).*
- The author acknowledges that he/she is either the single (for contributions having only one author) or joint (for contributions having two or more authors) copyright owner of his/her contribution.
- In being the single or joint copyright owner, he/she agrees to grant the following rights to the Max-Planck-Gesellschaft in perpetuity:
- The unlimited, but not exclusive, worldwide right to publish his/her contribution in every form and in every media whatsoever, especially on the Internet,
- The right to therefore edit and process the contribution accordingly**,
- The right to submit the contribution into electronic information networks, and
- The right to reproduce the contribution, to print it, to publish it on CD-ROM media, to feed it into data-nets, to up- and download it, to distribute it, to broadcast it, to communicate it in any way to the public on the Internet and to store it in databases of any kind, including the right to give licenses with or without remuneration or royalty fees***.
|*||Learn about the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Germany. Read the one-page version here), or further at Creative Commons.|
|**||Editing refers to the correction of basic errors, such as spelling errors, and the fixing of minor mistakes which a contribution might contain related to the use of brackets, punctuation, headings, heading numbers, figure numbers, mathematical formula numbers, and so forth. Processing refers to all aspects of the work done to transform a contribution into a PDF and/or HTML publication in Demographic Research.|
|***||For the granting of rights and the publication of the contribution the author(s) will receive no remuneration or royalty fees; however, if we, the publishing organization, should receive any remuneration or royalty fees for reproductions of the contribution, the author(s) is/are entitled to receive a 50% share.|
The author also:
- Guarantees that the contribution has not been published before,
- Guarantees that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- Certifies to be the owner or joint owner of all rights necessary for this publication including all rights to use the data, tables, graphics, pictures, animated gifs, and software that are used in the contribution,
- Agrees that the journal publish the author’s name and address, including electronic address, together with the contribution, and
- Accepts that s/he can only sign for and on behalf of her/himself and cannot represent the interests of any of the other authors of the contribution in the case that there are other authors. Each author must sign this agreement individually.
- Accepts that submission of a manuscript implies agreement with the journal’s publication policy which is to publish all contributions (including any linked or associated material to a contribution) under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Germany.
- Agrees that the use of general descriptive names, trade names, trademarks, etc., in a contribution, even if not specifically identified, does not imply that these names are not protected by the relevant laws and regulations.
- Understands that the Max-Planck Gesellschaft makes no warranty, expressed or implied, with respect to the author’s contribution as published in Demographic Research.
Additional Terms, Permissions and Guidelines
Working Paper Guideline: If there is a working paper which duplicates the content of the published article, the Demographic Research Editorial Office requests that the paper be either taken down from any public web sites or be updated with information about the address of the published contribution in Demographic Research.
Giving Credit to Demographic Research: At all times, the author agrees to indicate that his/her contribution was first published in Demographic Research, giving a bibliographic reference to the publication.
Jurisdiction: The publisher stipulates the jurisdiction of Rostock, Germany, for any questions concerning this agreement and/or the publication of the contribution. German law is applicable to this agreement.
Your Signature and other Details: Please confirm that you have read and understood the terms of this Agreement and consent to its terms by returning the signed form to us, either in electronic format to email@example.com or by regular postal services to:
Assistant Managing Editor
MPIDR: Demographic Research
18057 Rostock, Germany
We need your signed agreement form before we can publish the contribution online.
|Your e-mail address:|
|Contribution co-authors (if any):|
|Your signature and date:|
This Publication Agreement for Authors is valid for all material published on or after October 1, 2006.